Sunday, August 19, 2012

{Tutorial} Pumpkin Clothespin Wreath



Can you tell I love Fall?
And that I {love} making wreaths?

Almost every door in my house has a wreath.
They are one of my most favorite things in the world to make!

Well...as long as they don't involve food.
{Especially} red hots.
In the middle of summer.
On the front door.

That did not turn out so well last year. And lesson learned. NO more food wreaths!

Today's wreath is my original twist on a popular trend.
I always try to search online to make sure no one else has come up with the idea too--
and this one is 100% mine! :)

This wreath is so simple, it almost doesn't need a tutorial.

You will need:
Clothespins {I used exactly 63}
12 in. Wire Wreath form
Modge Podge
Sponge brush
Scrapbook Paper
Raffia, Tulle, & various other ribbons

 

Directions:

Cut strips of paper to fit on the flat, front part of the clothespin.
Then modge podge the paper onto the clothespin.

Tip: I saved a {huge} step here by keeping the clothespins clipped to the paper they came packaged on. It allowed me to get them done faster, and keep everything much more organized.

{Yes i know the picture shows exactly what i told you not to do--but i had to do a few extra later}

After clothespins dry, begin to place randomly around wreath form. 
I chose to clip mine on different tiers of the form to add some dimension.


Leave a two inch space at the top to place your raffia and ribbon.
Double tie the raffia to the top tier of the wreath form.


Fold tulle until you create nice, fluffy bow.
I layered two different types of tulle to get a fuller bow and tied together with a ribbon.


Attach bow by threading ribbon through the 2nd and 3rd tier of the form and tying tight in the back.

Fluff bow and tie a few pieces of raffia at the top to create a hanger, and you are done!

Break down:

Wreath form- $2.47 @ Hobby Lobby
Paper-  $.90 for 3 sheets @ Hobby Lobby
Clothespins- $1.88 for 100 ct. @ Wal-Mart
  {Make the trip to Wal-mart to get your clothespins--you'll pay way more for less at Hobby Lobby}
Raffia- $1.00 @ Dollar Tree
All other materials I had on hand.

Total Cost- $6.25
 Another cheap Fall decoration!
 

Come on Fall!!

Partying at:
Made in a Day
Live, Laugh, Rowe 
Domestic Superhero 
Happy Hour Projects
Craftionary
 

10 comments:

  1. Love this. We have a clothespin wreath for Thanksgiving. And one night per week during November we add one thing we are Thankful for during that week onto the clothespin. The kids Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is the sweetest idea I have ever heard of! I may have to add that one to the list too. :)

      Delete
  2. Love this...especially the break down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If we lived closer we'd be craftin' it up together ALL the time!

      Delete
  3. I love clothespin wreaths, and this one is too cute! I'm pinning it!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first time here. I love your wreath and your sites name. Makes me think of all things Fall And Winter. My favorite times of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love making wreaths. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love making wreaths. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very adorable! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for a tutorial that actually shows how the pins attach! I've made a dry run and I think I'm ready to start mod podging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...