Thursday, December 13, 2012

Semi-Homemade Potato Soup


I love to cook!

By that I mean...

I love to pin food on Pinterest
&
Watch The Chew
Watch Chopped {Which makes me realize I can't cook} 

I can follow a recipe with the best of them...
But there is someone in my family who cooks and cooks well!

My step-mom.
She's like Martha, Rachel, or Sandra Lee

She crafts, cooks, and decorates {perfectly, btw}
Not to mention she's just so thoughtful and the perfect match for my daddio.

If you're on a diet, keep scrolling, because this potato soup recipe is to die for!


Ingredients:
Bear Creek Potato Soup Mix
Small bag of Russet Potatoes 
8 oz. block of cream cheese
8 oz. of Velveeta Cheese
4 cups of Milk
8 cups Water
2 TBS of dried minced onion
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Celery soup
Sprinkle of crushed red pepper for heat {optional}


Serve With:
Green Onions
Cheddar Cheese
Real Bacon Bits 



Directions:

Start by cutting up a small bag of potatoes into bite size pieces and boiling until cooked but still firm.


While potatoes are cooking, boil 8 cups of water and add Bear Creek soup mix.

Cut up Velveeta and Cream Cheese and add to mix.


Add Cream of Celery and Mushroom, Milk, Minced Onion, and Red Pepper {if desired}



 Do you see how much of this delicious soup there is?!

We freeze 3/4 of it.
We recently had some of it that had been in my freezer for 11 months, and it tasted just as good as the day I had first cooked it!

 
 Slice up a green onion and serve with cheese and bacon bits.



And you are done!

Mmm...Mmm Good!

 

 Do you have a favorite family recipe?
Share it in the comments! 
      
  
 

3 comments:

  1. Awwww.....that's me you're talkin' about!!! Cool! Love the green bowl BTW!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...