Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

May Joy and peace surround you,
contentment latch your door,
And happiness be with you now,
And bless you evermore.
Irish Blessing


Happy New Year to all the wonderful people in my life!

We spent New Year's Eve with our best couple friends--The Wray's!

Carmella is my crafting soul mate
&
Daniel and Nick are the same person!
{When these two get together, you can bet that you'll hear "that's what she said" a million times}

We ate and drank till our tummies were full, and the boys killed zombies into the new year.

{They convinced me this was a good transition into liking wine}

Final Verdict--I approve!


Of course the New Year gets me thinking about resolutions.
I'm horrible at making resolutions and sticking with them. {Like the rest of the world}

But one thing that I really have decided to do this year is slow down and dream more.
Right now it's such a precious time in our marriage, where we are planning and dreaming about the future.
Our own home.
traveling.
kids.
I don't want to wish this time away, but it's just soo easy to get caught up in the daily hustle and bustle.


Several years ago, my mom started choosing a word for the year--coincidentally we have one of the same words this year.

dream 

 

I found this idea on good ol' Pinterest {can't find original link} and decided it would fit perfectly into my theme for the year.
 Here's my version.

 
 As we go through this year, we're going to write down our hopes and dreams for our lives.
At the end of each year we'll go through them and see how we are changing.
It really helps me to write things down, and it will be so special to see over the years how our hopes and dreams transition into realities.
Can't wait to see if some of these come true in 2013!

 
And last but not least, here's our year in review I made. Just furthering the chalkboard addiction over here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...