Sunday, February 10, 2013

{Tutorial} Valentine Banner

Blogging took the backburner this week as I was completely engulfed in the Hunger Games Trilogy.
I'm a little behind on the bandwagon, but I completely see why it's so popular...they are incredible!

I'm almost done with Mockingjay,
and i'm trying to space it out {even cleaning for goodness sake} so it doesn't have to end.


But alas, I figured since I promised a tutorial on my Valentine's Banner--
I should probably get it up before Valentine's Day is over!

So here you go!


You will need:
Clothespins
Valentine Scrapbook Paper/Bookpages
Modge Podge
Sponge Brush 
Wood frames
Acrylic Paint
Printable
Twine



 
Directions:

Start by cutting strips of paper to fit on the flat, front part of the clothespin.
Then modge podge the paper onto the clothespin.



While the clothespins dry, start painting the wooden frames.
I chose classic Valentine colors {red, pink & gray} painting two of each color.



Next, click on over here, and print off the  XOXO Banner that I made for you!

The next few steps may vary depending on your frames, the look your going for, etc.
But here's how I did mine.

I made the XOXO a little smaller than my frames because I knew I wanted to put bookpages behind it.


I used a tape runner to put together banner and frames


I then cut a piece of twine for the banner, and connected the frames to the banner with the clothespins I made earlier.


And you are all done!

Here's a few more pictures of  the finished product.


Break Down:

Scrapbook Paper- .25/each @ Hobby Lobby
Frames- $1/each @ Michaels
Printable-- FREE!
 All other materials I had on hand

Total Cost$7

Not bad!
 Hug your honey & head to the store to make your own!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...