Friday, April 5, 2013

{Tutorial} Moss Covered Frame


I was perusing Michaels the other day and came upon this spectacular sight 


And you know i needed to pick up a few of these laser cut beauts.
{A girl can't help what she needs}
I think it's the perfect addition of bright Spring decor to my home.


You will need:

 {1} Michael's Laser frame--Large
Package Sheet Moss
Glue Gun
Exacto Knife
Burlap
Ribbon


Directions:

Begin by cutting strips of moss to fit the width of the frame.
 I got my SKIL saw as a birthday gift, and it makes cutting burlap, moss, etc so very easy!



 Next place strip on moss onto frame.


 I bought a self-sticking moss sheet and would encourage you NOT to buy it.
I ended up having to re-glue everything a few days later because the adhesive was not strong enough.
Save the time and hot glue that sucker on!

Take your exacto knife and trace along the design of your frame.


Lookin' good.


At this point, I took the excess moss and pieced it together around some of the curves.
then cutting cutting and more cutting!
This is time consuming--but keep going--it's worth it!



After i got done, i felt it needed a little more "oomph" so I found a variety pack of moss and added some details.



At this point,  i decided to add some burlap to the back and make it "corkboard-esque"
I wanted the ability to add several pictures at a time.

But it would be just as cute as a frame. It can hold an 11x14 picture.


Added a little ribbon, pics and a wee bit of washi tape..
And here's the finished product!
 
 photo 202_zps8e0e8c3b.png  

Break Down:

Laser cut frame- $4 {with 50% off coupon}
Moss- 4 {with 50% off coupon}
All other items I had on hand

Total Cost: $8


 Thanks for stopping by!

I'm linking up to these parties:


6 comments:

  1. That's the cutest thing I've seen all day! Just love new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! Great idea! P.S. I'm your newest follower! I hope you check out my blog and follow it, so we can see each other's projects! http://pinkgerberdaisies-kady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate it! I'm your newest follower too. This was my first link up and I am so impressed with the number of pageviews and interest!

      Delete
  3. Very cute I love it! Really the best use I've seen for those frames~ Thanks so much for linking up with Made in a Day last week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by to let you know i am featuring you tomorrow on Made in a Day! Congrats!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm totally wishing I had a michaels! This is another fabulous project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...